***Friday Update***

Alright, I know it’s Sunday – but let’s not get hung up on details…

Speaking of which, I think it’s best just to call this week a fail. I mean, it’s not like you lot would ridicule me for slapping all the way up to Warwickshire only to discover I’d measured up, purchased and transported entirely the wrong size steel plate to the job would you?

No – didn’t think so. You’re all far too nice and understanding

So we’ll quietly brush over that and move on to more fun stuff. We’ve steadily been replacing tools since the fire as and when they’ve been needed for the job in front and this week it was time to jump in and replace the welding kit. I spoke to the nice people at R Tech Welding who sorted us out one of their 180 amp Mig welders and all the associated goodies that go along with it with their usual outstanding customer service and efficiency. I’ve been using them exclusively for several years and I really can’t recommend them highly enough.
https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/

With that taken care of, we also ordered the next batch of T Shirts. Same design as last time but a step up in quality and also in a fetching black with white print for the more Gothic types amongst you. So now you have the choice of either black or white Ts.

Fresh stickers have also come in, so anyone ordering a shirt this time around will enjoy a higher quality shirt and a couple of extra stickers in the bundle, all for the same price as last time – £20 posted.

Here’s a case study from earlier this year; This is a great example of how a job can appear to be one thing but is actually quite another. Our many years doing this have taught us to identify the underlying problems, cure them and in doing so create a long lasting and fully guaranteed repair which cosmetics aside, feel absolutely no different to the user.

Check out the first photo. A seemingly innocent very small hole in the flat bottom of a timber framed ramp. Some repairers would be looking to simply cut around this hole and fit a small patch over it. Not only can this sometimes feel like a bump – especially under a skate wheel – but at least 90% of the time this patch will not last any decent length of time and a revisit will be needed in very short order.

What we noticed was that the area around the hole wasn’t accepting screws, which told us that the timbers below were compromised. So, no choice but to strip the entire section down and investigate – check out the photo of some very unhappy looking timbers. These timbers were replaced but you’ll have to take my word for that as I neglected to take a photo. We then resurfaced using the old top surface as under layers suitably drowned in wood preserver and then fresh Birch Throughout plywood on top.

From a 2-3″ hole to a 10ft square patch repair. What might seem like overkill to some, is really just the right solution to the problem, fully guaranteed and good for the future life of the ramp.